Chevron

Monday, March 25, 2013

Take me Out to the Ballpark!

 
It's officially Spring, even though the weather isn't cooperating, and at our home that means BASEBALL! 
 
I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  As I sit here and type I've sneezed approximately 100 times already this morning and my nose is running profusely despite the Sudafed I took an hour ago.  So, you would think I'd be run down or becoming a hermit to avoid the pollen and mountain cedar in the air. However, I have baseball games to attend.  This year I have my own two little super stars to watch on the field. 
 
Gone are the days of the 3 second delay between catching the ball and knowing what to do with it.  Gone are the days where they play in the dirt as a fly ball literally flies right past them.  Gone are the days where we strike out when we are hitting off a tee.  Brooks and Bosten have officially become little "Ballers" so to speak and are quite the little baseball players.
 
Don't get me wrong, I love to brag on my kids, and I do see them through a Mother's eyes no matter what they do.  However, truly from an unbiased look at them, they are quite good little ball players. They are just a joy to watch and I absolutely love every minute of it and can't get enough of it. 
 
This weekend they had a two day tournament in Coppell with their Elite 8u team, The Crushers!
We spent the entire weekend driving back and forth from Coppell, an hour for us Country Folk, and eating from the concession stand anything and everything that sounded good.  We braved freezing temperatures and strong winds.  And can I just say, I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! 
 
I would happily do it again today if it weren't for that darn thing called school.  I love watching my boys and all of their friends get better and better each week and play hard 6 different games this week. 
 
I'm  sure that sounds like a lot, but for me and my family, we just can't get enough.  We love it!  Brooks is the Catcher for the Crushers and does a great job of being ready and taking people down at home just as they think they've got the run.  Bam, they hit a wall aka Brooks, and their out.  Bosten plays First Base and consistently makes the plays game after game after game. He is truly a thinker and in the game of baseball, his forward thinking serves him very well.  When I watch him, I feel like I'm watching someone truly live out their gifts and it is just an amazing feeling as his Mom. 
 
Both boys can and do hit the baseball pretty consistently.  They show up for their team each and every game and I am truly proud of their efforts.  I cannot wait for the years to come of watching this in this great sport.
 
I'd like to also note, that we are VERY intentional about not putting pressure on them to play baseball, even though we love the sport.  Their love has been a very natural progression and that makes it even more special to watch. I can't wait to see what they do with their talent in the years to come. 
 
 
 
Bosten, getting ready to rip it. 
 


Brooks, right after he mowed someone down at home plate to make a crucial out. 
 
 
Both boys after their tournament, and a 3rd place finish out of 11 teams!  Go Crushers!  We were thrilled with this given the level of competition. 

 
Their fan club!  These girls braved the cold to watch the boys play this weekend and were super supportive fans. 

 
 
We also made a little time for fun this weekend around the tournament.  We took the kids bowling on Friday night with some good friends of ours.  They had a great time and each got to bring a friend along. 
 
 
Mackenzie and P! 
 
 The Three Amigos!  These three are truly the best of friends.  We sure do love our Grant!

 
We also got to enjoy some time with our family celebrating Easter with Ryan and Lisa and the Cousins while they were in town from Kansas City.  I truly miss seeing them more often and was very grateful for the wonderful dinner that Cheryl put on so that we could all celebrate Easter together a little bit early.  It was  great evening of Cousin fun!

We had a wonderful weekend as a family and woke up Monday morning feeling like we needed another weekend to recover from this weekend, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 
-B-


No comments:

Post a Comment