Chevron

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Royal Ball!

The Royal Ball is a fundraiser for the kids school.  I really had no intention of going because it was on a Friday night and ours are so very precious to us, I just wasn't sure that this is where we wanted to spend it.  However, Brooks and Bosten had other plans.........
 
The story goes like this.....
 
Brooks and Bosten have a friend in class, McKinley, she is a beautiful little girl.  McKinley got an iphone for Christmas last year and she periodically will call to speak to either Brooks or Bosten, depending on the month etc. ; )
 
So, I have McKinley's number saved in my phone so we know it is her when she is calling.  I hadn't had my phone in several hours, which feels amazing by the way, and when I got it back, there was a message on it to McKinley.  It said this.......
 
"Will you go to the Royal Ball with me, this is Brooks"
 
OMG!  Are we there? We are there?  We probably shouldn't be there, but Brooks has brought us there.  If we are taking a girl to the ball, we better do it right. This is an opportunity to teach these boys about being gentlemen. 
 
After some discussions with the boys, it became apparent that Bosten had a lady he wanted to invite as well.  Chloe, one of Parker's best friends. 
 
So, I honestly wasn't comfortable with the idea of an actual date for the 8 year olds.  I talked with the parents and we agreed to just meet the girls there. That felt all right.  However, I still wanted to teach the gentlemen lesson. So, we went out and bought a nice shirt that coordinated with the ladies dresses and we made corsages for their little wrist to give to them once we saw them at the dance.
 
It was all very innocent and cute.  Parker was asked by a few boys and remained strong and said NO to each of them. Her response, I want to go with my Daddy!  atagirl!
 
So we went as a family. Met up with our friends, and danced the night away.  It was all super cute and everyone had a wonderful time.  It was a night the kids will remember forever because they felt so special.  Brooks and Bosten spent the night getting chased by approximately 100 little girls and Parker had fun dancing with Daddy and showing off her attire to all the little girls.  They loved every minute of it and I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. 
 
 
 

 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment