Chevron

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Fashion Recap!

 For those of you who know me well, you know that watching the Oscars for Brittany is like watching the Superbowl for a Man.  Its the only night of the year that I make everyone around me do something else so that I can sit and watch a show.  Its really about the fashion for me.  Fun fact: 70% of Americans have not seen ANY of the 9 Best Picture Nominees this year.  Crazy huh?  So the night is really about the glamour of Hollywood and the
fashion right?
 
So in the spirit of the Oscars, I thought I'd throw in my two cents about who looked amazing and who should fire their stylist and try again.  Here we go..........
 
Anne Hathaway was by far the Worst Dressed of the night for me.  It was just tragic.  She is such a beauty and this little number did absolutely nothing for her from the fit to the color, the the shaggy hair piece looking hair do.  It was just all wrong.  It got me to thinking.  Do you think that one would dress horribly in every way at the Oscars as a PR move?  It will definitely get her talked about, that is for sure.  It was just all wrong and pretty tragic if you ask me.  She could have looked amazing.  I'm pretty sure that Rachel Zoe was her stylist in years past and that has to have changed because Rachel would never have let this walk out the door. 


On another note, Best Dressed by far for the night HAS to go to the Bomb Shell that is Halle Berry!  This was genius in every single way.  From the hair to the drop earrings that were super simple to the lines in that dress and how they outline her amazing figure so perfectly.  It was just brilliant. This is fashion at its best my friends.  The fact that she presented for the James Bond 007 section of the night just made this look perfection!  Well done!  

 
Now for the color category, Jenn Aniston in all her simplicity had to take the cake for me.  This dress fit her so well and she looked flawless. Jen always gets it right, but I'm thrilled with her for taking a step out of her comfort zone on this one and wearing a pop of color. Red looks amazing on her.  I think the last time she did this was several years ago with Brad when they were married.  I also love her hair as always.  She has the best hair, and it would just be tragic not to let it flow like this.  She wore some false lashes last night and that little detail just made her face look even better and more glamorous.  I loved everything about it. 
 
Jennifer Garner is just one of my favorite stars period.  She is just so humble and sweet and doesn't seem too worried at all about what those around her think of her.  She was so proud last night to be there supporting Ben and all of his greatness for Argo and just really brought it up a notch with this look.  Rachel Zoe is her stylist and I thought did an excellent job with this look.  The color and fit are perfect for her amazing arms and pale skin.  The back was so fun and fancy.  She just looked stunning and really turned it out for the night. 
 

 
 
 
Charlize Theron is just flawless.  She is one of the most beautiful women in the world to me, but this dress and its fit on her were just amazing.  As much as I don't love that haircut, it was perfection with this look.  I'm loving the peplum top look and this dress was right up there with Halle Berry for best dress for me.  
 
Stacy Keibler was another one for me that was right up there with Halle Berry for best dressed.  First of all, clearly the body inside the dress is half the battle.  Those shoulders on Stacy are just amazing and make this dress just pop on her.  It's very similar to Halle's dress in that the lines just outline her figure in a way that compliment the female body so nicely.  Her hair was just perfection as well last night.  I just loved everything about this look.    

 
 
Now as far as the looks for the night that were NOT seen on the red carpet, but deserve their own mention.  Natalie Portman and Miranda Kerr.  I think if I ever went to the Oscars or any other formal even for that matter, these two dresses and their cut and style would be something I would try to find for myself.  These lay so well and look like it might be possible for the average Joe like you or me to wear as well.  I though Natalie Portman hit it out of the park with this dress and the makeup and the sleek hair and the emerald earrings.  Just perfection.  I've never seen Miranda Kerr look anything less than great, but this dress is a nice change from the usual and I just loved it.  So lady like and glamorous.  Well done ladies!


 
So there you have it.  While I know that these sort of things don't matter to 95% of the people that will read this blog (all 10 of you) ha ha!  They do matter to me and I love it all.  Fashion is something that has always been near and dear to my heart and makes me tick.  I just love it all.  I hope you enjoyed this little recap as much as I enjoyed writing it. 
 
Cheers to Hollywood for turning it out at the Oscars 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment